Family Resource Network
Family Resource Network
Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work for our organization. We are dedicated to helping the people who utilize our services. If you’re ready to make a difference, browse our openings or upload your resume and tell us your interests. We’ll consider you for future opportunities.
Click on one of the job listings below to find out more about the job and how to apply!
The Family Resource Network is currently hiring for the following position:
Part-time, Temporary Position
Position will run from January 4th, 2021-August 2021
Candidate must possess excellent communication skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher.
Previous non-profit experience desirable.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Kristin Winn at [email protected].
Questions can be directed to Kristin at 607-432-0001.
Job Description and Duties:
- Answer telephones and assist caller or direct them to the appropriate supervisor/staff person who is able to help them.
- Go through and sort all incoming mail
- Scan and email to appropriate staff.
- Log incoming checks and prep for deposit
- Prepare check request for all invoices and scan and email to accountant
- Maintain filing system
- File vendor statements, contracts, bank reconciliation, etc for Executive Director
- Assist with contract renewals
- Compose/draft/update agency forms/policies as needed
- Order necessary supplies for office and staff
- Order necessary supplies for copy equipment. Contact Eastern when equipment isn’t working properly.
- Communicate with utilities providers including Spectrum, NYSEG, Otsego Telephone, Verizon, AT&T when necessary regarding billing, technical issues, additional equipment/services, etc.
- Coordinate/set up/schedule zoom meetings for Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Assist with planning monthly staff meetings, creating agenda and taking meeting minutes.
- Make business cards for staff as needed
- Promote open job opportunities through Indeed.com, Facebook, FRN website and Labor Department
- Make sure job descriptions are up to date and accurate
- Respond to job inquiries/resume submissions and follow up with applicant for more information when necessary
- Forward potential candidates info to appropriate supervisor to schedule interview
- Assist with interviews as needed
- Compile paperwork that needs to be completed for new employees
- Payroll and Direct Deposit
- Agency Specific Forms to be signed
- Policy and procedure manual
- Fingerprinting/background paperwork
- Set-up pre-employment Drug Screen for new employees
- Assign equipment and get new staff set up with an Agency Computer, agency cell phone, printer, and all other supplies they will need
- Add individuals to MNB email listserv
- Update website with current events/trainings/workshops/conferences.
- Keep Calendar up to date with all upcoming events/trainings/support groups
- Update “front end” of website as necessary
- Update Agency Facebook page
- Create facebook events for upcoming Teen Scene, Dragon Dates, Nurturing Parent and other agency events.
- Share/post flyers and information about upcoming events/fundraisers/etc
- Share events for other community agencies
- Registration for Nurturing Parenting classes
- Fill out questionnaires for each participant
- Keep track of waiting list if needed
- Assist with getting workbook and supplies to participants
- Create and send flyers through My Newsletter Builder for Teen Scene, Dragon Dates and Agency wide events to promote upcoming activities
- Compose Bimonthly Newsletter on Microsoft Publisher
- Gather information from program coordinators re: upcoming trainings and events
What We Stand For
Individuals with special needs deserve every opportunity to achieve their unique potential. The Family Resource Network was founded by parents to enhance the lives of individuals with special needs and their families, empowering them to lead productive independent lives within the community.